Utah Birds, Utah Birding, and Utah Birders. Promoting the sharing of information, and the conservation of habitat for birds in Utah and elsewhere. We are a group of people who want to share what we know, and create a positive birding experience in Utah.

BIRDERS BLOG

a blog by and for Utah Birders

Birding on the road

posted by Jeff Bilsky at
on Tuesday, December 7, 2010 

While this blog is dedicated to Utah birding, I find myself currently outside of Utah. My job requires a decent amount of travel and this week, Hutchinson, Kansas is the place to be. Every time I travel I see it as an opportunity to see what birds are around. Once you've become a birder it is nearly impossible to stop looking. I can't count the number of times I've looked up in the middle of talking to clients or co-workers to have them wonder what I'm looking at. "Surely it can't be those birds?!" Well, I'm not about to stop looking because one things we birders do well is multi-task. "Don't worry, I heard what you said and I'm even taking notes, but I'm still going to look at the Red-tailed Hawk". Speaking of Red-tailed Hawks, I counted 28 total on the 48 mile drive from the Wichita Airport on KS 96-W to my hotel in Hutchinson. Tomorrow, I drive back to the airport. I can't wait to count again. And I can't wait to count on Thursday, when I'm back home in Utah, headed to the office on I-15...

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:
Blogger Tim Avery said...

Nice intro post. Let's tag anything that isn't specific to Utah birding with "other" so that all random posts are linked together.

December 8, 2010 at 5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Back to Previous




UTAH BIRDERS FLICKR POOL


    SEE MORE AND SHARE ON FLICKR