Utah Birds, Utah Birding, and Utah Birders. Promoting the sharing of information, and the conservation of habitat for birds in Utah and elsewhere. We are a group of people who want to share what we know, and create a positive birding experience in Utah.

BIRDERS BLOG

a blog by and for Utah Birders

Just Another Quiz

posted by Jerry Liguori at
on Tuesday, July 12, 2011 

This bird is easy to identify but I love the image so much, I just wanted to post it. Let me know what you think it is.

Jerry

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Harlan's.............

July 13, 2011 at 3:34 PM  
Anonymous Jerry Liguori said...

Yes, adult Harlan's. I just love this photo my friend Jim Lish took. Jim is a long time raptor biologist who has published raptor articles and takes tons of photos every year.

July 14, 2011 at 10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes,

That bird is really gorgeous Jerry........and an easy ID when they're that close!!

I remember seeing some of your Harlan's images from Gunsight (Alaska).

Hope there are more quiz birds coming from your end when time permits.

Thanks!

Robert Visconti - Lindenhurst, IL (Anonymous)

July 15, 2011 at 10:54 PM  
Anonymous Jerry Liguori said...

Thanks Robert:

Knowing that you enjoy them is reason enough to keep doing them. I'll add some ID in with them when I get a chance.

July 16, 2011 at 11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Back to Previous




UTAH BIRDERS FLICKR POOL


    SEE MORE AND SHARE ON FLICKR